John Legend backs women empowerment campaign
Los Angeles: Singer John Legend has roped in a number of women to feature in his new music video. It`s his way of adding weight to a female empowerment campaign.
The promo of the Grammy winner`s latest single `You and I` features several women staring into the camera through a one-way mirror. The women include celebrities like Legend`s model wife Chrissy Teigen, actress Laverne Cox, and comedienne-cancer survivor Tig Notaro.
There is a topless pregnant woman cradling her baby bump, a young girl with Down`s Syndrome, and an older woman who breaks down in tears as she shows the disfiguration left by a mastectomy, suggest reports.
The music video was made in conjunction with a campaign called #OperationGirl, which is being led by organisations focusing on empowering, educating and protecting the rights of women and girls.
"We live in a world where egregious injustices occur regularly against girls and women. We have a responsibility to take action and disrupt the conditions that allow for such tragedies to occur.
"Through #OperationGirl we hope to amplify the voices and impact of the many organizations doing great work on behalf of girls and women," Legend said in a statement.
Along with the music video, a documentary titled "When I Look In The Mirror" will also be released. It features the women from Legend`s video telling their own personal stories of heartbreak and triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows