John Lennon: A cartoonist and illustrator
Berlin: Not many people know, but late Beatle John Lennon was a student of art, and a good graphic artist and caricaturist, according to an exhibition currently on in the northern German city of Lubeck.
Michael-Andreas Wahle, whose personal collection is the focus of the exhibition, said he wanted to present the musician`s life and work along with some previously unpublished photos as a family man.
The "The Art of John Lennon" show has some 50 pieces on display. It runs through June 2 in the Gunter-Grass-Haus in Lubeck.
Born in 1940 in Liverpool, Britain, Lennon drew and wrote poems and short stories since his childhood.
His student years at the College of Art in his hometown, from 1957 to 1960, were said to be very formative in his artistic development.
His work there ranged from quirky, rapidly drawn cartoons to colourfully decorated comics.
The musician gained worldwide fame with the Beatles and established himself as an independent artist after the break-up of the band.
Lennon was shot dead by a crazed fan in 1980 outside his apartment in New York City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film