Johnny Depp fears reality shows, commercials
London: Actor Johnny Depp is terrified of people`s obsession with material goods and reality star icons.
The `Pirates of the Carribbean` star believes that this shallow craze will lead to the downfall of the society.
`It`s really frightening. And when you see all this stuff that goes on in the commercials - the endless commercials - people yelling down your gob, `Buy this, do this, this will save you, this will fix you,` he said.
He also slammed the current trend of reality shows and the craze around it.
`Everything can be a reality show now. Imagine what`s it going to be in 20 years, man,` he said.
The 50-year-old actor also criticized stars like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton by lamenting that talentless socialites have become idols to a whole generation thanks to the phenomenon that is reality TV.
`People get famous now for I-don`t-know-what. People have reality shows because they`re a Hollywood socialite, and these things become very successful and they generate a load of money for the company,` he added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan