Johnny Depp fears reality shows, commercials
London: Actor Johnny Depp is terrified of people`s obsession with material goods and reality star icons.
The `Pirates of the Carribbean` star believes that this shallow craze will lead to the downfall of the society.
`It`s really frightening. And when you see all this stuff that goes on in the commercials - the endless commercials - people yelling down your gob, `Buy this, do this, this will save you, this will fix you,` he said.
He also slammed the current trend of reality shows and the craze around it.
`Everything can be a reality show now. Imagine what`s it going to be in 20 years, man,` he said.
The 50-year-old actor also criticized stars like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton by lamenting that talentless socialites have become idols to a whole generation thanks to the phenomenon that is reality TV.
`People get famous now for I-don`t-know-what. People have reality shows because they`re a Hollywood socialite, and these things become very successful and they generate a load of money for the company,` he added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Can you see the correct picture? Click to know
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- This Rajasthan temple has over 20,000 rats – Click here to know more about it
- Powerful Santana Gopala Mantra for women who wish to conceive