Judi Dench never expected an Oscar
Los Angeles: Veteran actress Judi Dench never thought that she will win an Oscar as she was told that she will never become a star and was advised to stick to theatres.
Dench is nominated in the best actress category at the 86th Academy Award for her role in "Philomena" after previously scooping a best supporting actress award in 1999 for her role as Queen Elizabeth I in "Shakespeare In Love".
The 79-year-old admits the possibility of landing an Oscar nomination, let alone winning, never crossed her mind, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"I was told very early on that I would never make films and I settled for that. I was a theatre actor and films didn`t come into my thinking or anything. It has all changed very much since `Mrs Brown` (for which she was nominated for an Oscar in 1998). So, now I do more films than I do work in the theatre. So, an Oscar is something I never considered," Dench told Britain`s The Times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor-Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH