Judi Dench never expected an Oscar
Los Angeles: Veteran actress Judi Dench never thought that she will win an Oscar as she was told that she will never become a star and was advised to stick to theatres.
Dench is nominated in the best actress category at the 86th Academy Award for her role in "Philomena" after previously scooping a best supporting actress award in 1999 for her role as Queen Elizabeth I in "Shakespeare In Love".
The 79-year-old admits the possibility of landing an Oscar nomination, let alone winning, never crossed her mind, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"I was told very early on that I would never make films and I settled for that. I was a theatre actor and films didn`t come into my thinking or anything. It has all changed very much since `Mrs Brown` (for which she was nominated for an Oscar in 1998). So, now I do more films than I do work in the theatre. So, an Oscar is something I never considered," Dench told Britain`s The Times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'