Kajol calls for eco-friendly Ganpati
Mumbai: Actress Kajol wants everyone to celebrate a clean and eco-friendly Ganesh festival, which kickstarted Wednesday.
"Please, all of you, go ahead celebrate an eco-friendly Ganpati and make sure that whatever happens, at the end of the day you are there to clean up and to make sure that you don`t litter the city more than you already have," the 38-year-old said here.
About her own celebration this Ganpati, Kajol said: "I think welcoming Ganpati begins from the heart and I feel god is around us 24 hours, 365 days of the year. I believe in that more than just keeping a special day for Ganpati."
The Ganpati festival is full of life in Mumbai, and several Bollywood celebrities celebrate it with fanfare.
Over the past week, over 300,000 big and small idols started arriving in the city from artists` studios in different parts of Mumbai and Raigad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President