Kanye West charged over incident with photographer
Los Angeles: Rapper Kanye West has been charged with criminal battery and attempted grand theft after allegedly assaulting a paparazzi photographer in July.
The 36-year-old singer was caught on camera assaulting photographer Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport in July, reported TMZ online.
The paparazzo, who was trying to speak to the star at the time of the alleged attack, filed a lawsuit last month which claimed that `without warning or provocation`, Kanye `suddenly attacked, punching and attempting to wrestle the camera from` Daniel`s hands after the photographer asked him, "Can we talk to you?"
West, who could face up to a year in jail if he is convicted of both charges, will be arraigned on October 10.
An evaluation worksheet previously released by the LA County District Attorney`s Office stated that the photographer was discharged from the hospital with a contusion and muscle strain but the DA was not going to file felony charges against West as there was no `significant injury`.
At the time of the incident, Daniel had said, "I am speaking out today because I don`t want what happened to me to ever happen to anyone else."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- R Balki's project with Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai which didn't take off
- 'Coffee With D' director upset with Sunil Grover
- Tanmay Bhat, Gursimran Khamba to attend NBA All-Star Weekend 2017
- Kajol stresses on targeted programmes for handwashing behaviour
- Bigg Boss 10: All you want to know about Monalisa, Vikrant's wedding