Kanye West claims he hit paparazzo in self-defence
Los Angeles: Rapper Kanye West, who is being sued by a photographer he attacked in July, said it was self-defence move on his part.
In addition to the civil suit by the photographer, West also faces criminal battery charges that could land him in jail for a year if he is convicted.
But in his reply to the lawsuit, filed by Shawn Holley for West, the rapper claims his attack on the photographer at the airport was for self-defence, reported TMZ.
West, 36, claimed that "his safety was in immediate danger" when the photographer started asking him questions as he left the airport terminal and walked to a waiting car.
The altercation, which was captured on video, showed West accusing the photographer of trying to provoke him before the scuffle broke out.
West claims that it was "necessary for his self-defence and safety and was justified in doing those acts."
After the fight, West left the scene and an ambulance transported the paparazzo to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- World's largest pearl to be displayed in Philippines
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!