Kanye West claims he hit paparazzo in self-defence
Los Angeles: Rapper Kanye West, who is being sued by a photographer he attacked in July, said it was self-defence move on his part.
In addition to the civil suit by the photographer, West also faces criminal battery charges that could land him in jail for a year if he is convicted.
But in his reply to the lawsuit, filed by Shawn Holley for West, the rapper claims his attack on the photographer at the airport was for self-defence, reported TMZ.
West, 36, claimed that "his safety was in immediate danger" when the photographer started asking him questions as he left the airport terminal and walked to a waiting car.
The altercation, which was captured on video, showed West accusing the photographer of trying to provoke him before the scuffle broke out.
West claims that it was "necessary for his self-defence and safety and was justified in doing those acts."
After the fight, West left the scene and an ambulance transported the paparazzo to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Jacqueline Fernandez at the launch of two Aéropostale stores in Mumbai! Pic inside