Kanye West claims he hit paparazzo in self-defence
Los Angeles: Rapper Kanye West, who is being sued by a photographer he attacked in July, said it was self-defence move on his part.
In addition to the civil suit by the photographer, West also faces criminal battery charges that could land him in jail for a year if he is convicted.
But in his reply to the lawsuit, filed by Shawn Holley for West, the rapper claims his attack on the photographer at the airport was for self-defence, reported TMZ.
West, 36, claimed that "his safety was in immediate danger" when the photographer started asking him questions as he left the airport terminal and walked to a waiting car.
The altercation, which was captured on video, showed West accusing the photographer of trying to provoke him before the scuffle broke out.
West claims that it was "necessary for his self-defence and safety and was justified in doing those acts."
After the fight, West left the scene and an ambulance transported the paparazzo to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support
- Hrithik Roshan, Ronit Roy lock horns in new dialogue promo of 'Kaabil' – Watch
- Not scared of being stereotyped: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'