Kanye West wants Kim to take his name
London: Rapper Kanye West has reportedly told Kim Kardashian she must change her surname when they get married.
The 36-year-old `Power` rapper is adamant his bride-to-be takes his last name, causing a tense moment over Christmas when her mother, Kris Jenner, suggested Kim become Kardashian-West, reported Showbizspy.
"Everyone at the table gave a thumbs up, except for Kanye. He sat quiet and stern faced, then blurted forcefully, `She will be known as Kim West. My wife will bear my name only`," a source said.
Kim, who has six-month-old daughter North with Kanye, is now facing the tough decision of trying to please both her notoriously hot-headed partner and her extremely persuasive mother.
"By the end of the night Kim was in tears because all the way home he kept ranting that he was furious about her even considering to keep the Kardashian name. When Kim fought back, saying her celebrity is based on her famous family`s name, big-headed Kanye snapped that his name holds more weight and respect than hers ever will," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Comedy Nights Bachao Tazaa’ to be replaced by THIS comedian’s show?
- Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: J&K government may provide security to ‘Dangal’ star
- Hrithik Roshan's latest 'Kaabil' dialogue promo has megastar Amitabh Bachchan's connect!
- Amitabh Bachchan is the greatest actor that we have in the country: Rishi Kapoor
- Totally Clooed! Karan Johar meets George Clooney; poses for a click!