Karen Gillan shaves off locks
Los Angeles: Scottish actress and former model Karen Gillan has shaved her hair off for a new film. She gave the onlookers a glimpse of her bald head at the Comic-Con 2013 in San Diego.
The 25-year-old actress, best known for her portrayal of Amy Pond in the science fiction series `Doctor Who`, shaved off her locks for `Guardians Of The Galaxy`, where she will essay the character of Nebula.
Along with `Guardians Of The Galaxy`, she will also star in the upcoming supernatural thriller `Oculus`.
Gillan also has a romantic comedy `Not Another Happy Ending` in her kitty. The film premiered in June at the 67th Edinburgh Film Festival.
She will be seen essaying the character of a writer called Jane Lockhart, who is blocked on her second novel, after achieving huge success with her first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chris Brown files documents to establish paternity of daughter
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Moving on! Sean Penn gives Minka Kelly a 'pricy' birthday bash