Karen Gillan shaves off locks
Los Angeles: Scottish actress and former model Karen Gillan has shaved her hair off for a new film. She gave the onlookers a glimpse of her bald head at the Comic-Con 2013 in San Diego.
The 25-year-old actress, best known for her portrayal of Amy Pond in the science fiction series `Doctor Who`, shaved off her locks for `Guardians Of The Galaxy`, where she will essay the character of Nebula.
Along with `Guardians Of The Galaxy`, she will also star in the upcoming supernatural thriller `Oculus`.
Gillan also has a romantic comedy `Not Another Happy Ending` in her kitty. The film premiered in June at the 67th Edinburgh Film Festival.
She will be seen essaying the character of a writer called Jane Lockhart, who is blocked on her second novel, after achieving huge success with her first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult