Kate Gosselin defends `slanted eyes` photo
Los Angeles: Former reality TV star Kate Gosselin, who was criticised for slanting her eyes in a photo, has slammed reports that she was mocking Asians.
Gosselin, 38, said that she and her then-husband Jon were taking turns wearing a "plastic Asian dress up wig" that had been sent to them by a fan.
"I married an Asian. I have eight biracial children. I`m quite certain that I`m the last person that could be called racist," the mother of eight wrote on her blog.
Gosselin said it was "a happy time for me and Jon", her ex-husband.
"Naturally, I `slanted` my eyes to show him my best Asian impression, which made him smile. A common topic of our show was `everybody`s Asian` – except mommy, so a thoughtful fan figured she`d help me look Asian too," Gosselin wrote.
"It`s normal to talk about and even `exaggerate` the feature differences between family members of a biracial family as they are noticed by curious growing children within the family.
"These types of discoveries and at home discussions are a normal part of being a loving an accepting biracial family and it does not make any of us prejudice," she added.
The couple together has eight children and were featured part of TLC`s `Jon & Kate Plus 8` for several seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Diwali 2016: Plastic waste, glass bottles and paper scraps to light homes
- Diwali 2016: Unusual and quick snack ideas for parties
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple