Kate ‘learning to speak Welsh to fit in with Anglesey locals’
London: Kate Middleton is reportedly learning Welsh so that she can fit in with the locals of Anglesey.
The 29-year-old Duchess of Cambridge is living in a rented home in Anglesey along with her husband Prince William and the couple spends most of their time in Wales.
Kate is so keen to learn the language that she has been practising on shop staff in the area when she is out on trips to the supermarket, who have been helping her with the pronunciation or helping her with new phrases to add to her vocabulary.
“She is picking up the language and doing well,” the Daily Star quoted a royal aide as saying.
“Because they live in Wales she is surrounded by the language when she is out and about.
“It is not a case of a lesson a week, she hears Welsh around her and learns the language like that.
“Anglesey is her home – that is where she spends most of her time.
“If you immerse yourself in the culture you pick things up,” the aide stated.
The Welsh Language Board is delighted as the Duchess is performing very well at the new task.
“It’s great news she is learning Welsh,” a spokeswoman said.
“Living in the area and listening to people speak is a very good way to learn the language,” the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani