Katy Perry has a reading problem
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry admits she has a problem in reading because her parents didn`t send her to "great schools". But she credits her mother of being a great teacher.
“I have a problem reading. I wasn`t going to great schools, because my parents didn`t believe in public education," contactmusic.com quoted the 28-year-old as saying.
"They wanted the education to be influenced by their religion, so I was going to these halfway education-slash-Christian schools that were like pop-up shop-style education,” she added.
However, Perry, who moved back to Santa Barbara in California with her parents at the age of 10, doesn`t have any regrets. She credits her mother for bringing her up well.
"She went to a couple of girls` schools in Carmel and then went to Berkeley and studied abroad in Spain. She speaks French, she used to be a painter, but now she is just in the ministry. She used to be a reporter, actually. She wanted to be Barbara Walters,” Perry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!