Katy Perry has a reading problem
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry admits she has a problem in reading because her parents didn`t send her to "great schools". But she credits her mother of being a great teacher.
“I have a problem reading. I wasn`t going to great schools, because my parents didn`t believe in public education," contactmusic.com quoted the 28-year-old as saying.
"They wanted the education to be influenced by their religion, so I was going to these halfway education-slash-Christian schools that were like pop-up shop-style education,” she added.
However, Perry, who moved back to Santa Barbara in California with her parents at the age of 10, doesn`t have any regrets. She credits her mother for bringing her up well.
"She went to a couple of girls` schools in Carmel and then went to Berkeley and studied abroad in Spain. She speaks French, she used to be a painter, but now she is just in the ministry. She used to be a reporter, actually. She wanted to be Barbara Walters,” Perry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pakistani actors is extortion, says Ashoke Pandit on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'