Katy Perry has a reading problem
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry admits she has a problem in reading because her parents didn`t send her to "great schools". But she credits her mother of being a great teacher.
“I have a problem reading. I wasn`t going to great schools, because my parents didn`t believe in public education," contactmusic.com quoted the 28-year-old as saying.
"They wanted the education to be influenced by their religion, so I was going to these halfway education-slash-Christian schools that were like pop-up shop-style education,” she added.
However, Perry, who moved back to Santa Barbara in California with her parents at the age of 10, doesn`t have any regrets. She credits her mother for bringing her up well.
"She went to a couple of girls` schools in Carmel and then went to Berkeley and studied abroad in Spain. She speaks French, she used to be a painter, but now she is just in the ministry. She used to be a reporter, actually. She wanted to be Barbara Walters,” Perry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion