Katy Perry would love a movie career
New York: Pop star Katy Perry is keen to have an acting career.
The 28-year-old singer, who voiced the character `Smurfette in the upcoming animated movie "The Smurfs 2", is looking ahead at a future in film, reported Huffington Post.
"With films, I hope to win you all over with animation and then do other films," Perry said.
She previously voiced Smurfette in 2011`s original "Smurfs" movie, as well as nabbing bit roles in "How I Met Your Mother" and "Raising Hope."
"I am really interested in comedy, and I would really love to play Rachael in `Blade Runner 2` if Ridley (Scott) would just call! I think I`d enjoy playing the opposite of what you expect."
But that does not mean that she is straying far from music anytime soon.
The singer announced the title and release date of her next album `Prism` by publicizing the details on the side of a gold truck.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Irrfan Khan, Kangana Ranaut to come together for film on Begum Akhtar?
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui bags film starring Amitabh Bachchan