Keira Knightley stars in ad to `raise awareness for UK`s domestic abuse`
Wellington: Keira Knightley has featured in an advertisement from UK charity, Women`s Aid, which shows the actress suffering shocking physical abuse from her partner.
The ad was directed by `Pride and Prejudice` fame filmmaker Joe Wright, Stuff.co.nz reported.
Knightley told UK newspaper The Guardian that she wanted to take part in the advert because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it.
The 28-year-old actress said that domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime and kills two women every week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- Neeta Lulla considers National Awards 'milestone' of her career
- Susan Sarandon fights to save death row inmate's life