Keira Knightley stars in ad to `raise awareness for UK`s domestic abuse`
Wellington: Keira Knightley has featured in an advertisement from UK charity, Women`s Aid, which shows the actress suffering shocking physical abuse from her partner.
The ad was directed by `Pride and Prejudice` fame filmmaker Joe Wright, Stuff.co.nz reported.
Knightley told UK newspaper The Guardian that she wanted to take part in the advert because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it.
The 28-year-old actress said that domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime and kills two women every week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!