Keira Knightley stars in ad to `raise awareness for UK`s domestic abuse`
Wellington: Keira Knightley has featured in an advertisement from UK charity, Women`s Aid, which shows the actress suffering shocking physical abuse from her partner.
The ad was directed by `Pride and Prejudice` fame filmmaker Joe Wright, Stuff.co.nz reported.
Knightley told UK newspaper The Guardian that she wanted to take part in the advert because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it.
The 28-year-old actress said that domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime and kills two women every week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour