Keith Urban breaks silence about ill-fated Massachusetts gig
Los Angeles: Country star Keith Urban has broken his silence after his recent concert in Massachusetts resulted in dozens of hospitalised fans and an arrest for an alleged rape.
The 46-year-old `You`ll Think of Me` hitmaker brought his Raise `Em Up Tour to the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, but it was marred when 46 fans were treated for "alcohol-related" illnesses, reportedly.
"My team and I were horrified to learn of the events reported in Boston this past weekend and our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected. This type of behaviour stands in stark contrast to the spirit of our shows," Urban wrote in a statement.
More than 20 were sent to local hospitals for further treatment, and an additional 50 revellers were arrested and taken into custody for unspecified reasons.
An 18-year-old man was also arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl during the concert.
Urban`s tour continues throughout the US until mid-September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The Crew movie review: Visually rich, entertaining
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- THIS actress is playing Maanayata in Sanjay Dutt biopic!
- Ranbir Kapoor's throwback picture will give major flashback feels!
- Priyanka Jagga Muise of 'Bigg Boss 10' fame got her BIG Bollywood ticket?