Kerry Washington feared fame
London: `Scandal` actress Kerry Washington admits she was initially put off from becoming an actress because she didn`t want to become a celebrity.
The 36-year-old, who has appeared in a string of successful movies including `Django Unchained` and `Ray`, never thought she`d have an acting career as her family is highly academic, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m the daughter of a professor, so ... Well, I think actings not a real job. I come from this sort of academic, working middle-class family where you make something respectable of your life... I always loved acting, but I think for a long time, in my brain, the desire to be an actor was equivalent to the desire to be famous.
"I did not want to be famous. I did not want to be that girl. I thought that if you wanted to be an actress, you had to want to be on the front cover of magazines, otherwise you shouldn`t do it," she said.
The has so far managed to avoid many of the pitfalls that come with being in the movie industry.
She is confident her family and close friends will always keep grounded as a person, no matter what happens in her career.
"I`m lucky I come from a really grounded family and I have the three best friends from high school who have made it their job to remain unimpressed by everything I do. If I started being super-diva Kerry, they would be like, `What is that?`"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- Sushmita Sen grooving to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' is the coolest thing you will WATCH today!
- Ranbir Kapoor thanks Gauri Khan for making his 'first home' more special, pens heartfelt message!
- Kapil Sharma to be warned by Air India for unruly behaviour?