Kevin Spacey urged to go vegetarian
London: Animal rights campaigners have offered to make a 3,529 pounds donation to Kevin Spacey`s theatre company if he swaps meat for vegan food at an upcoming fundraising barbecue.
The `American Beauty` star is holding a raffle for the chance to eat barbecued ribs with him on the set of his online drama series `House of Cards`, with proceeds going to the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles and London`s The Old Vic Theatre Company, where Spacey works as artistic director, reportedly.
However, staff at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) have promised to make the donation if Spacey, 54, goes vegetarian for the event.
"We believe that you care about animal welfare and about the environment, so in light of all the information available today about cruelty in slaughterhouses and the detrimental effect of greenhouse gasses produced by animal-based agriculture, Peta is respectfully asking that the prize dinner feature delicious `Fib Ribs` or Field Roast vegan offerings instead of ribs so that the theatre will not benefit at the expense of other vital social interests," a Peta representative said in a letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'