New Delhi: The offering and receiving of Prasadam or Prasad in Hindu religion has always had some significance which is usually little known of. It holds immense importance with Hindu religion as it is the food we offer to our lords.
Not only is it holy, but it is also a sign of sharing with one and all.
Check out few facts known about holy offerings-- Prasad.
1. Prasada can be better called as the sacred food that is to be offered to our deities.
2. It is important for the Prasad to be Satvik to maintain its sanctity and therefore it remains positive.
3. Going by the belief, consumption of Prasad will elicit positive vibrations.
4. Also, it is a sign of sharing within and outside the community.
5. Any kind of puja and worship is incomplete without Prasad.
6. If you don't know what to offer, you can offer simple fruits for once offered by God – the food becomes Prasad.
7.Often rice pudding (Kheer), halwa, charan amrit and tulsi milk is offered as Prasad.