Lady Gaga slams Pope over anti gay marriage comments
London: Lady Gaga has hit out at Pope Benedict XVI, who seemed to criticise France’s gay marriage plans, labelling same-sex relations as defective and harmful to society.
The 26-year-old popstar has spoken in favour of France’s plans to introduce gay marriage.
“It seems to me that gay marriage is something that is going to happen and it must happen,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“We are not equal and we will be only if we allow everyone to love freely.
“This is not what Christians believe, those who believe in something, that have a religion. It is the point of view of one person,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's awesome bromance bigger than any award!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!