Lady Gaga slams Pope over anti gay marriage comments
London: Lady Gaga has hit out at Pope Benedict XVI, who seemed to criticise France’s gay marriage plans, labelling same-sex relations as defective and harmful to society.
The 26-year-old popstar has spoken in favour of France’s plans to introduce gay marriage.
“It seems to me that gay marriage is something that is going to happen and it must happen,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“We are not equal and we will be only if we allow everyone to love freely.
“This is not what Christians believe, those who believe in something, that have a religion. It is the point of view of one person,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This 'musical genius' will make you facepalm - Watch 'unintentionally funny' video here
- 'Phobia' also a comment on violence in society: Director
- Watch: ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan - Anushka Sharma’s electrifying chemistry in ‘Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai’
- Has Lata Mangeshkar REACTED to Tanmay Bhat's 'controversial snapchat' video? Read more inside
- Hot alert! Lisa Haydon looks incredibly sexy in these bikini pics