Lady Gaga slams Pope over anti gay marriage comments
London: Lady Gaga has hit out at Pope Benedict XVI, who seemed to criticise France’s gay marriage plans, labelling same-sex relations as defective and harmful to society.
The 26-year-old popstar has spoken in favour of France’s plans to introduce gay marriage.
“It seems to me that gay marriage is something that is going to happen and it must happen,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“We are not equal and we will be only if we allow everyone to love freely.
“This is not what Christians believe, those who believe in something, that have a religion. It is the point of view of one person,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harbhajan Singh will be happy to see Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma as a married couple!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- 'Life' movie review: Suspenseful and thrilling
- 'Anaarkali Of Aarah' movie review: Swara Bhaskar spectacular in simply stunning film!
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know