Lady Gaga slams Pope over anti gay marriage comments
London: Lady Gaga has hit out at Pope Benedict XVI, who seemed to criticise France’s gay marriage plans, labelling same-sex relations as defective and harmful to society.
The 26-year-old popstar has spoken in favour of France’s plans to introduce gay marriage.
“It seems to me that gay marriage is something that is going to happen and it must happen,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“We are not equal and we will be only if we allow everyone to love freely.
“This is not what Christians believe, those who believe in something, that have a religion. It is the point of view of one person,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh Clutch! Manolo Blahnik to launch his first bag collection
- Chris Hemsworth talks embarrassing 'big bulge' scene in 'Vacation'
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Waiting for you to come back: Sanjay Dutt’s B-Town friends
- Bobbi Kristina's funeral arrangements to take place in Georgia