Lady Gaga uses tape to shape her face
Los Angeles: Singer Lady Gaga uses facelift tape to pull the skin around her cheekbones and neck in a bid to look younger.
The 28-year-old singer says she uses the sticky stuff most of the days to help shape her face, even if she risks damaging it, reports mirror.co.uk.
Explaining her morning ritual, the "Poker Face" singer said: "When I have my wig cap on and I’m taping my face, it’s a sort of meditation for me. Every day, it starts the same way. It’s like a mantra."
“Looking artificial can be honest. Being glamorous can come from a place of authenticity and a place of love," she added.
London-based plastic surgeon Jeya Prakash advises against the daily taping regime, saying it could cause permanent damage to her face including internal scarring.
Prakash said: “By taping your face tight, you are reducing the circulation which means there are less nutrients getting to the skin, so abnormal collagen will be produced.
“This is like internal scarring as different types of cells form the skin - like with a scar. In the long term, it will speed up the ageing process.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say