Lalit Modi`s niece debuts in `Gippi`
New Delhi: Former Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Lalit Modi`s niece Jayati is set for her Bollywood debut. She will be seen in filmmaker Karan Johar`s upcoming film ‘Gippi’.
The 16-year-old plays her age as school girl Shamira. She landed the role through social media.
"The auditions were conducted through Facebook and Jayati got to know about it through one of her friends. She registered in Delhi with a group of friends, but everyone auditioned except her," says a source.
"When (director) Sonam Nair asked her why she wasn`t auditioning, Jayati said she was not sure about it. But when Sonam insisted, she went ahead and not only auditioned, but also bagged the role," the source added.
`Gippi` is primarily the story of an overweight 13-year-old girl, who hates the idea of dieting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law