Lata Mangeshkar tweets support for Campa Cola residents
Mumbai: Lata Mangeshkar has appealed the Maharashtra government not to punish the Campa Cola residents, who are facing eviction after the Supreme Court dismissed their plea against an earlier order asking them to vacate their premises.
The melody queen, 84, today tweeted, "I just want to say one thing to Maharashtra government about Campa Cola case. Many people, including children and elderly people, will become homeless if the houses are razed. Three people have died because of the stress. It is injustice that the residents are facing trouble because of mistakes made by builders,".
Seven high-rise buildings of Campa Cola Housing Society in South Munbai were constructed between 1981 and 1989. The builders had permission for only six floors.
However, one of the compound buildings, `Midtown`, has 20 floors and another building, `Orchid`, has got 17 floors.
As many as 102 illegal flats in the seven buildings will be razed. The deadline to vacate the flats was on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- Arbaaz Khan accepts DATING a Romanian beauty, feels there's a long way to go!
- Brad Pitt joined Angelina Jolie, kids on Cambodia trip
- Haseena FRESH STILL! Shraddha Kapoor's fierce act and brother Siddhant's Dawood avatar will surprise you