Lata Mangeshkar tweets support for Campa Cola residents
Mumbai: Lata Mangeshkar has appealed the Maharashtra government not to punish the Campa Cola residents, who are facing eviction after the Supreme Court dismissed their plea against an earlier order asking them to vacate their premises.
The melody queen, 84, today tweeted, "I just want to say one thing to Maharashtra government about Campa Cola case. Many people, including children and elderly people, will become homeless if the houses are razed. Three people have died because of the stress. It is injustice that the residents are facing trouble because of mistakes made by builders,".
Seven high-rise buildings of Campa Cola Housing Society in South Munbai were constructed between 1981 and 1989. The builders had permission for only six floors.
However, one of the compound buildings, `Midtown`, has 20 floors and another building, `Orchid`, has got 17 floors.
As many as 102 illegal flats in the seven buildings will be razed. The deadline to vacate the flats was on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!