Late fatherhood doesn`t bother Elton John
London: Singer Elton John, 66, became a father for the first time only two years ago. But he has no regrets about delaying it all these years.
The singer has Zachary, three, and Elijah, six months and loves being a dad. Despite criticism for having children so late in life, he knows he can provide the kids with the love they need, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"It was the best decision we ever did. I wish we had done it 20 years earlier because I am no spring chicken. I understand people criticising for us having children at a late age but to hell with it. We can give these children so much love," he said.
John also admits he will not be as hands-on as he is now when his kids grow as teenagers.
A sum of 17,340 pounds was reportedly paid to a surrogate for the birth of his first son in 2010. It is believed a further 20,000 pounds was paid to the same woman for his other son in January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai