Late Rajesh Khanna gets Padma Bhushan
New Delhi: Rajesh Khanna, the first superstar of Indian cinema, has been posthomously named for the Padma Bhushan, the country`s third highest civilian honour on the eve of Republic Day.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka in the film faternity, began his career with "Aakhri Khat" in 1966 and in a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like "Aradhana", "Do Raaste", "Safar" and "Anand".
Between "Aradhana" in 1969 and "Prem Kahani" in 1975, he enjoyed god-like status. The frenzy was such that women would line the road for a glimpse, chant his name, cover his car with lipstick marks and even write him letters in blood.
He passed away in July last year following prolonged illness. He was 69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali