Lea Michele lends support to Zac Efron
London: `Glee` star Lea Michele has offered her support to actor Zac Efron through his recovery from drug addiction.
The 27-year-old actress, whose boyfriend Cory Monteith died from a heroin and alcohol overdose in July, has reached out to her `New Year`s Eve` co-star following revelations he has been battling cocaine addiction and has vowed to do her best to help him stay sober, reported Digital Spy.
"Lea called Zac and told him, `I`m here if you need me`. She urged him to get serious about having a 24-hour sobriety coach and to only spend time with people who care about his welfare," a source said.
"Lea must feel sad that she wasn`t able to prevent Cory from relapsing. She knows Zac well and would hate to see him go down the same path," it added.
Efron was delighted to hear from his friend and has promised to stay in regular contact with her.
"Zac was really glad to hear from her. They have plans to go on a yoga outing together in LA later this year and he promised to discuss his state of mind with her weekly by phone or email," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar wishes to embrace parenthood, says he has nurturing quality!
- OK Jaanu collections: Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur starrer mints Rs 15 cr!
- Aamir Khan supports 'Dangal' actress Zaira Wasim; says 'you are a role model for me'!
- Deepika Padukone's 'Piku' shattered my misconceptions about Bollywood, says 'xXx...' director
- Vidya Balan's 'Tumhari Sulu' will show her naughty side!