Leonardo DiCaprio donates $3m to save tigers in Nepal
London: Leonardo DiCaprio has donated 3 million dollars to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) via his charitable foundation to help save tigers in Nepal.
The 39-year-old singer said that he is hopeful that the money will help exceed the goal of doubling Nepal`s tiger population, the BBC reported.
The `Great Gatsby` star`s donation will help enforce anti-poaching patrols and protect and restore areas for the tigers to breed in Nepal.
Nepal`s tigers are classified as endangered and - as with the general tiger population - are under threat from "habitat destruction and escalating illegal poaching".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch