Leonardo DiCaprio donates $3m to save tigers in Nepal
London: Leonardo DiCaprio has donated 3 million dollars to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) via his charitable foundation to help save tigers in Nepal.
The 39-year-old singer said that he is hopeful that the money will help exceed the goal of doubling Nepal`s tiger population, the BBC reported.
The `Great Gatsby` star`s donation will help enforce anti-poaching patrols and protect and restore areas for the tigers to breed in Nepal.
Nepal`s tigers are classified as endangered and - as with the general tiger population - are under threat from "habitat destruction and escalating illegal poaching".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside
- Ranveer Singh's 'Kala Chashma' moment with 'bae' Zoya Akhtar! See pics
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released