Leonardo DiCaprio to get Riviera Award
Los Angeles: Actor Leonardo DiCaprio is set to be honoured for his contribution to cinema at the upcoming Santa Barbara International Film Festival in California.
The 38-years-old `Titanic` star will attend a special ceremony on the February 1 to receive the prestigious Award, reported Daily Express.
"We are thrilled to be honouring Leonardo DiCaprio with the American Riviera Award, in a year where he has shown us another layer of his immeasurable talent. His performance in `Django Unchained` reaffirms that he is the most relevant actor of this generation." Roger Durling, Executive Director of the event issued a statement.
DiCaprio follows in the footsteps of previous recipients including Sandra Bullock, Annette Bening, Tommy Lee Jones, Forest Whitaker, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kevin Bacon and Mickey Rourke.
The festival will commence from January 24 and will be held till February 3 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox, training hard
- Prateik Babbar to open wellness centre in Dharamshala
- Karan Johar says I don't think I even have ten percent of Rajamouli's gumptionv
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata