Les Miserables` rules Christmas box office
Los Angeles: `Les Miserables`, the big screen adaptation of Victor Hugo`s novel, opened at the number one spot on the Christmas day with USD 17.5 million while Quentin Tarantino`s `Django Unchained` followed closely with USD 14 million.
`Miserables` comes with a strong star cast of Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe. The film was directed by Tom Hooper of the `King`s Speech`.
Tarantino`s `Django` had one of the best openings for an R-rated film on Christmas Day. Produced by the Weinstein Co, the film stars Jaime Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Coming on the third spot was Peter Jackson`s `The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey` with an anticipated haul of USD 10.8 million.
Also opening on Christmas was Fox`s family comedy `Parental Guidance`, starring Billy Crystal, Bette Midler and Marisa Tomei. The movie came in on the fourth spot with a projected USD 6 million to USD 7 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Comedienne Bharti Singh REACTS to controversy!
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!