Leslie Phillips drops honeymoon plan for surgery
London: British actor Leslie Phillips dropped his honeymoon plans after the doctors admitted him for a surgery to remove a growth in his nose.
The 89-year-old, who got married to social worker Zara Carr here Dec 20, is relieved after the doctors informed him that the lump was not malignant.
"We won`t be going straight away because I`ll be in hospital. I have to get this thing removed. Thank God, it isn`t cancer. It just looks rather awful at the moment but I am getting that sorted," mirror.co.uk quoted the "Venus" actor as saying.
"We have been for all the appointments and the next part will be in a couple of weeks," he added.
Post the surgery, the couple will leave for Ibiza, Spain.
"I own a house in Ibiza where we will go. That will be the honeymoon really," Phillips said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative