Leslie Phillips drops honeymoon plan for surgery
London: British actor Leslie Phillips dropped his honeymoon plans after the doctors admitted him for a surgery to remove a growth in his nose.
The 89-year-old, who got married to social worker Zara Carr here Dec 20, is relieved after the doctors informed him that the lump was not malignant.
"We won`t be going straight away because I`ll be in hospital. I have to get this thing removed. Thank God, it isn`t cancer. It just looks rather awful at the moment but I am getting that sorted," mirror.co.uk quoted the "Venus" actor as saying.
"We have been for all the appointments and the next part will be in a couple of weeks," he added.
Post the surgery, the couple will leave for Ibiza, Spain.
"I own a house in Ibiza where we will go. That will be the honeymoon really," Phillips said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Confirmed! It's 'Aashiqui 3' for Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt
- Unmissable! Deepika Padukone in an all-black outfit from 'xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage' sets—Pics
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Salman Khan's Katrina connect was seen at 'Sultan' trailer launch? Details inside
- Five reasons to watch ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check