LFW: Krishna Mehta's Maheshwar designs impresses all
Mumbai: Designer Krishna Mehta's attempt to revive the age-old Maheshwar craft through her summer-resort 2014 line was lauded at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) here.
The designer, who has been championing the cause of Indian handmade textile and crafts since three decades, launched her Maheshwar menswear and womenswear line at the gala Friday.
"The present show is dedicated to weavers of Maheshwar," said Mehta, who visited the region in Madhya Pradesh over the past few months to work with the weavers and give their work a contemporary touch.
Her show was organised in association with the Development Commissioner for Handlooms, in the union textiles ministry.
Mehta has been giving Indian handloom and crafts a contemporary, wearable form in a bid to keep alive the traditional weaves and techniques.
She has earlier worked with the traditional textiles of Gujarat and more recently of Manipur and Benaras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!