Liam Neeson still struggling to cope with wife`s death
London: `Taken` star Liam Neeson says he is still struggling to come to terms with his wife Natasha Richardson`s death in 2009.
The 62-year-old actor was left heartbroken when he switched off Richardson`s life support in 2009 following a tragic ski accident and he said he still expects to hear her walk through the door at times, reportedly.
"Her death was never real. It still kind of isn`t. There`s periods now when I hear the door opening, especially the first couple of years ... Anytime I hear that door opening, I still think I`m going to hear her," Neeson said.
The actor also opened up about the devastating moment he realised it was time to end her life after doctors told him his wife was brain dead.
"I went in to her and I just told her I loved her. I said, `Sweetie, you`re not coming back from this.` She and I had made a pact. If any of us got into a vegetative state we`d pull the plug.
"So when I saw her and saw all these tubes and stuff that was my immediate thought, `OK, these tubes have to go. She`s gone`."
However, Neeson, who has sons Micheal, 18, and Daniel, 17, with Richardson, said throwing himself back into work hasn`t helped ease the pain.
"It hits you. It`s like a wave. You just get this profound feeling of instability. The earth isn`t stable any more and then it passes and it becomes more infrequent, but I still get it sometimes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!