Lift up your spirits with X`mas cocktails
London: Make your Christmas parties special by treating your guests to some innovative cocktails which will give them a new high.
Bar.com, a new multi-platform tool showcasing inventive drinks and cocktails, gives out a plethora of easy-to-follow recipes. Femalefirst.co.uk listed some:
Baileys Midnight Mint
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Measure 25 ml Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur and an equal amount of mint liqueur and Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka. Add these into the shaker.
- Shake until cold.
- Pour into a wine glass and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Savour it!
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 10 ml of Ciroc Vodka, 10 ml of lemon juice, 5 ml of raspberry liqueur and 5 ml of sugar syrup to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously until cold.
- Strain into a champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
- With a sharp knife and cutting board, slice wedges from any combination of orange, lemon, lime and pineapple and place in a punch bowl.
- Add 1.5 bottles Tanqueray London Dry Gin into the bowl.
- Measure 350 ml maraschino liqueur, 500 ml apricot nectar, 500 ml orange juice, 1 litre pineapple juice, 200 ml lime juice and 100 ml sugar syrup into the bowl.
- Adjust sweet and sour balance to your acquired taste.
- Chill in fridge for two to three hours before serving.
- Pour into individual glasses, over ice.
- Top up with sparkling wine.
Smirnoff Dark Russian
- Fill an old fashioned glass with ice cubes.
- Pour 50 ml of Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka and 25 ml of Baileys Coffee Irish Cream Liqueur into the glass.