Lily Allen wanted fame to get special treatment
London: Singer Lily Allen says she always wanted to become famous because she got aware of the perks of being famous at an early age.
The daughter of actor Keith Allen and film producer Alison Owen, admits she dreamt of becoming a celebrity because she wanted people to give her "special" treatment, reportedly.
In an interview with a magazine, the 29-year-old said: "(I always wanted to sing but more than that) I think I wanted to be famous. (I`d see) how people treated famous people better than they treated not-famous people. (I wanted to) feel special."
"Mum would get dressed up and go to the BAFTAs or a film premiere, and I felt like I wanted to make that a reality; that I was part of that world and had a right to be there, rather than feeling like we were acting at it," she added.
Lily has two children - Ethel, 2, and Marnie, 15 months - with husband Sam Cooper and she had recently admitted that she didn`t want her kids to follow in her footsteps and become famous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India