Lily Collins doesn`t want to rely on her famous father
London: Actress Lily Collins does not want to use her musician father Phil Collins` name to help advance her film career.
The 24-year-old actress doesn`t want to rely on her father`s contacts to forge her own career path and insists she didn`t have a helping hand when it came to breaking into Hollywood, reported Daily Mirror.
"His being in the entertainment business is great in that we can really relate to each other. But at the same time, I wanted to enter into it in my own way and on my own path. I love, respect and admire what he has done, but at the same time tried to do it on my own," she said.
The British beauty wasn`t nervous about meeting A-list stars like Julianne Moore (`The English Teacher`) and Julia Roberts (`Mirror Mirror`) so early on in her acting career, which she began in 2009 with a guest slot on `90210` and a role in `The Blind Side`.
"I may have grown up with certain people that were talented and that my family knew. I didn`t really regard them in any other way than family friends," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's gorgeous bride avatar on Femina Wedding Times cover! See PIC
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Planning a monsoon wedding? Here’s a perfect guide for you
- Size 'DOES' matter in bedroom, says new research