Loch Ness Monster `caught on camera` off British coast
London: A photograph of what appears to be a long-necked sea creature off the coast of Britain has left marine experts baffled.
The photograph was taken as the `animal` was stalking a shoal of fish, which were apparently so terrified they beached themselves just seconds later.
Locals, who spotted the creature off the Devon coast at Saltern Cove, Paignton, had thought that it was a turtle.
Other pictures taken by one of the baffled witnesses, Gill Pearce, however revealed that the neck of the greenish-brown beast with the reptile-like head was far too long to be a turtle.
Pearce, who took the photo on July 27, reported her sighting to the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) where sea life experts studied it.
"Gill Pearce spotted the creature about 20 metres from the bay at Saltern Cove, near Goodrington," the Daily Mail quoted Claire Fischer from the MCS as saying.
"It was observed at about 15.30 on 27 July but by the time she had got her camera it had moved further out.
"She spotted it following a shoal of fish which beached themselves in Saltern Cove.
"The creature remained in the sea, then went out again and followed the shoal - this indicates it`s not a turtle as they only eat jellyfish.
"We would love to know if other people have seen anything like this in the same area and can help clear up the mystery," Fischer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'