Louis Tomlinson loses bid to buy hometown football club
London: One Direction star Louis Tomlison`s bid to buy his hometown football club Doncaster Rovers has fallen through because not enough money was raised through crowdfunding
The 22-year-old singer and lifetime supporter of the League One side had planned to invest money into the club and take over with former owner John Ryan, but the deal fell through before it was set to be signed off, reportedly.
Tomlison has posted a series of tweets about the disappointment and insists he was "misled" by bosses who told him the deal was not dependent on how much cash was raised by the crowdfunder project, which was unable to gather the funding required for the takeover.
"I`m absolutely gutted the Doncaster Rovers deal is not going ahead. I am desperate for the club to be given the recognition it deserves," he posted.
"I was explicitly told that the deal to buy the club was not dependent on the money raised by crowdfunding . Unfortunately I was misled. My passion for Doncaster Rovers remains as strong as ever, and I hope that I can still be involved with the club moving forward," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics