Lupita Nyong`o prayed for lighter skin
London: `12 Years a Slave` star Lupita Nyong`o has revealed that she always prayed for fairer skin.
The 30-year-old beauty, who has been nominated for Oscars in best supporting actress category for her role in the Steve McQueen`s slavery drama, said she overcame being "teased and taunted" for her "night-shaded skin".
"My one prayer to God, the miracle worker, was that I would wake up lighter-skinned," she said.
The Kenyan actress said she gathered strength from supermodel Alek Wek when she was a teenager.
"A celebrated model, she was dark as night, she was on all of the runways and in every magazine and everyone was talking about how beautiful she was," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!