Lupita Nyong`o prayed for lighter skin
London: `12 Years a Slave` star Lupita Nyong`o has revealed that she always prayed for fairer skin.
The 30-year-old beauty, who has been nominated for Oscars in best supporting actress category for her role in the Steve McQueen`s slavery drama, said she overcame being "teased and taunted" for her "night-shaded skin".
"My one prayer to God, the miracle worker, was that I would wake up lighter-skinned," she said.
The Kenyan actress said she gathered strength from supermodel Alek Wek when she was a teenager.
"A celebrated model, she was dark as night, she was on all of the runways and in every magazine and everyone was talking about how beautiful she was," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur dances to Salman Khan's song in style! - Watch
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof