Madhavan chosen as PETA Person of the Year
Chennai: Film actor R Madhavan has been chosen as `Person of the Year` by animal rights advocacy group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The `Tanu Weds Manu` star has been chosen for the honour for actively promoting vegetarianism "as the best way to help stop animal suffering, cut down on pollution, fight climate change and improve your health," PETA said in a statement.
"Madhavan is a long-time friend of PETA and has often volunteered his time to defend the rights of animals... (he) bolstered PETA`s Kentucky Fried Cruelty campaign by sending a letter to the CEO of KFC`s parent company, Yum! Brands, urging him to adopt PETA`s recommendations to stop the worst abuses of chickens who are killed for KFC ? including scalding birds to death," it said.
His significant contribution to PETA was his narrating "Glass Walls", a video expose on meat industry, it said.
The award has been sent to the actor, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan