Madhavan chosen as PETA Person of the Year
Chennai: Film actor R Madhavan has been chosen as `Person of the Year` by animal rights advocacy group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The `Tanu Weds Manu` star has been chosen for the honour for actively promoting vegetarianism "as the best way to help stop animal suffering, cut down on pollution, fight climate change and improve your health," PETA said in a statement.
"Madhavan is a long-time friend of PETA and has often volunteered his time to defend the rights of animals... (he) bolstered PETA`s Kentucky Fried Cruelty campaign by sending a letter to the CEO of KFC`s parent company, Yum! Brands, urging him to adopt PETA`s recommendations to stop the worst abuses of chickens who are killed for KFC ? including scalding birds to death," it said.
His significant contribution to PETA was his narrating "Glass Walls", a video expose on meat industry, it said.
The award has been sent to the actor, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!