Madonna planning to adopt Indian baby
London, April 07: Pop superstar Madonna is planning to adopt an Indian baby, reports a news website.
According to the website, Madonna has abandoned plans to adopt a baby from Africa after getting increasingly frustrated with the bureaucracy. She is now looking to India after having spent her New Year holiday there.
Sources say she will start looking once she is done with the promotional work for her upcoming album 'Hard Candy'.
Her husband Guy Ritchie is reportedly supporting her in this endeavour.
Bollywood choreographer Sandip Soparrkar, who had spent some time with Madonna's family, has also adopted an Indian baby.
Soparrkar said, "We spoke about how there are so many children in India who need homes."
A source said: 'Madonna was very taken with Soparrkar. He told her there were orphans who would melt her heart. Guy was against the idea, but when she wants something, she gets it.'
'Guy thought Madonna was mad to want to go through it all again. He has always been unsure about adoption as his own mother was adopted and had negative experiences of that. But they talked and talked and decided adopting a baby from India would be easier,' the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart