Madonna visits University of Michigan with Daughter Lourdes
Los Angeles: Queen of pop Madonna caused commotion at the University of Michigan when she accompanied her daughter Lourdes to the campus.
The 55-year-old singer tried to keep a low profile as the 17-year-old was given a tour of the singer`s alma mater by a musical theatre student but the word of her presence spread quickly, reported People magazine.
"There was a lot of excitement. (Madonna`s) daughter was learning about our musical theatre programme. Someone announced to my choir class Madonna was in the building, and choir wasn`t productive anymore after that," student Lindsey Meekhof said.
"People that weren`t music school students were all over the area. Madonna tried to keep the attention on her daughter but...People were everywhere," she added.
Madonna only studied at the University of Michigan for a brief period before quitting to pursue her pop dreams in New York, but she has made no secret of her desire for Lourdes to attend her old college.
Last year she had said, "I want my daughter to go to school there. I keep telling her, Ann Arbor is an awesome place."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Miley Cyrus bakes vegan cake for father's birthday
- Nicki Minaj's comments about VMA not polite: Miley Cyrus
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men