Mahatma Gandhi’s letter fetches less than Emir’s specs at Dubai charity dinner
Manama: A letter written by Mahatma Gandhi has fetched less than a pair of glasses belonging to Qatar’s Emir Shaikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, at a gala dinner in the Qatari capital Doha.
The letter had commanded a bid of two million Qatari Riyals (QR) while the glasses was bought at a reported QR 2.4 million, the highest bid at the dinner, at the Eighth Social Development Centre Charity Gala Dinner on Wednesday, Gulf News reports.
The winning bids totaled QR 7.8 million for eight auction lots at the Brazilian-themed gala night that featured short films and artistic performances.
The winning bids at the charity dinner also included a QR 1.6 million-worth Cobra Recreation car, QR 350,000-worth King Fuad antique plate, FC Barcelona jersey and ball signed by the team plus four VIP tickets to a Barcelona game worth QR 600,000 and a classic jersey and photo signed by Brazilian football legend Pele worth QR 300,000, among other items, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission