Malaysia lifts ban on controversial spy thriller `Vishwaroopam`
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian authorities today lifted the ban on Tamil movie `Vishwaroopam`, much to the delight of ethnic Indians in the country.
Malaysian Film Censorship Board had initially approved the movie - directed and produced by Kamal Haasan - for public screening in the country and it was shown in local cinemas on January 24.
However, the approval was withdrawn the next day, in accordance with a directive from the Home Ministry following concerns from the public that the film portrays Islam in a negative light.
The ban had led to the circulation of illegal DVDs among ethnic Indians here keen to see the movie. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals how to avoid negativity and her thoughts truly deserve an applause
- Aamir Khan one of the most inspiring person: Shraddha Kapoor
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe
- Bob Harper suffers a heart attack, now recovering