Malaysia lifts ban on controversial spy thriller `Vishwaroopam`
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian authorities today lifted the ban on Tamil movie `Vishwaroopam`, much to the delight of ethnic Indians in the country.
Malaysian Film Censorship Board had initially approved the movie - directed and produced by Kamal Haasan - for public screening in the country and it was shown in local cinemas on January 24.
However, the approval was withdrawn the next day, in accordance with a directive from the Home Ministry following concerns from the public that the film portrays Islam in a negative light.
The ban had led to the circulation of illegal DVDs among ethnic Indians here keen to see the movie. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan accompanied by family members!