Mamata Banerjee wishes Lata Mangeshkar on her birthday
Kolkata: Wishing India`s nightingale Lata Mangeshkar on her 84th birthday Saturday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee hoped for her best in health, mind and spirit.
"I join her countless fans across the country captivated by her golden voice to wish her the very best on this auspicious occasion," Banerjee said, on her Facebook page
The chief minister took to the popular social networking site to pay tribute to the icon who was in mourning and in no mood to celebrate the day.
"At the moment when her mind is pained due to bereavements in family, we pray to the Almighty to give her strength and resilience to bear with the loss and bestow upon her the best in health, mind and spirits."
The death of her close family members has cast a gloomy spell on the singer.
"Recently, my elder sister Meena`s husband passed away. And before that my younger sister Asha lost her daughter Varsha. This has been a bad year for the family. Even outside the family, there`s so much happening that is not right. I see no reason to celebrate," said Lata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles