Marc Anthony to shell out more for child support
Los Angeles: Singer Marc Anthony has been reportedly asked to pay his ex-wife Dayanara Torres $26,800 a month in child support.
He had the amount he currently pays Torres for their sons Cristian, 13, and Ryan, 10, doubled from the $13,400 he was previously giving to her, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Torresis said to have originally asked the court to rule her former spouse should pay her $123, 426 a month as 10 years have passed since their divorce and her family`s needs have changed, but the judge presiding over the case rejected her request.
Anthony was opposed to paying such a huge sum as he reportedly believes the increase in funds would spoil his sons and worries the extra income would result in them becoming addicts.
He hired a psychologist to write a letter to the judge highlighting all the problems that could arise from children living here in the presence of the entertainment industry.
Anthony also has six-year-old twins Max and Emme from his marriage to singer Jennifer Lopez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Actors are very small fish, say B-Town celebs on MNS threat