Marilyn Monroe`s medical records to be auctioned off
Los Angeles: A set of medical records including facial X-rays, believed to be Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe`s, are going to be auctioned off next month by Julien`s Auctions.
The items are expected to be sold between USD 15,000 and USD 30,000 at the auction which will take place on November 9-10.
According to the auctioneers, the items are sold by an unnamed person who received them from Monroe`s doctor Michael Gurdin as a gift. At that time, Monroe`s medical files were listed using different aliases.
Monroe visited Dr Gurdin starting from July 1958 and her complaint was chin deformity. She also suffered from Neutropenia when she was in England in 1956, ectopic pregnancy in New York in 1957 and a 1950 cartilage implant in the chin which "had slowly begun to dissolve," the doctor said.
The `How to Marry a Millionaire` actress experienced swelling and tenderness following a fall in the middle of the night.
Six X-Rays which were taken on June 7, 1962, two months before her death, show Monroe`s facial bones, nasal bones and the roof of her mouth. Although a radiologist concluded at that time that there was no injury to her nose, the auction house said on Tuesday, October 8 that recent observation showed "very minute hairline fracture."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Radhe Maa satsangs are filled with sexual activities: Dolly Bindra
- Anita Dongre goes back to the roots, Dia supports her cause
- 'Kaun Kitne Paani Mein' movie review: - Tale of changing dynamics
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- Saif Ali Khan finds 'marriage' questions dangerous for single actresses
- Kim, Kanye win USD 440,000 settlement of proposal video
- Miley Cyrus bakes vegan cake for father's birthday
- Nicki Minaj's comments about VMA not polite: Miley Cyrus
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show