Matt Damon hits out at Barack Obama
London: Actor Matt Damon has criticised US President Barack Obama for failing to fulfil his promises.
Damon campaigned heavily for Obama to win the presidential elections in 2008, but now feels bad on his failure to fix the US economy and unemployment problem, reports a website.
"I think he`s rolled over to Wall Street completely. The economy has huge problems. We still have all these banks that are too big to fail. They`re bigger and making more money than ever," he told a daily.
"Unemployment at 10 percent? It`s terrible... They had a chance that they don`t have any more to stand up for things. They`ve probably squandered that at this point. They`ll probably just make whatever deals they can to try and get elected again," he added.
The actor says he isn`t happy with Obama`s handling of education in the country.
"They have to get people who actually know about educating kids in positions of power. Now they`re trying to get business people to come and manage schools like they`re factories. It`s not going to work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni