Matt Smith to auction his first car
London: `Doctor Who` star Matt Smith is auctioning the first car he owned as a teen to raise money for charity.
The 30-year-old actor purchased the Vauxhall Corsa in 2000 before he was accepted into Britain`s National Youth Theatre, and nicknamed his clunky vehicle The Shed, reported Contactmusic.
The car has been sitting in his parents` driveway since Smith found fame, so he has decided to put it up for sale and hand the money over to a good cause.
"It has seen lots of adventures, not to mention a fair few mishaps.
I`ll be very sad to see it go," Smith said.
The proceeds will benefit the Starlight Children`s Foundation, an organisation that grants wishes for seriously ill children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Mr World Rohit Khandelwal has Bollywood on his wish list
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows