Matt Smith to auction his first car
London: `Doctor Who` star Matt Smith is auctioning the first car he owned as a teen to raise money for charity.
The 30-year-old actor purchased the Vauxhall Corsa in 2000 before he was accepted into Britain`s National Youth Theatre, and nicknamed his clunky vehicle The Shed, reported Contactmusic.
The car has been sitting in his parents` driveway since Smith found fame, so he has decided to put it up for sale and hand the money over to a good cause.
"It has seen lots of adventures, not to mention a fair few mishaps.
I`ll be very sad to see it go," Smith said.
The proceeds will benefit the Starlight Children`s Foundation, an organisation that grants wishes for seriously ill children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali