Matt Smith to auction his first car
London: `Doctor Who` star Matt Smith is auctioning the first car he owned as a teen to raise money for charity.
The 30-year-old actor purchased the Vauxhall Corsa in 2000 before he was accepted into Britain`s National Youth Theatre, and nicknamed his clunky vehicle The Shed, reported Contactmusic.
The car has been sitting in his parents` driveway since Smith found fame, so he has decided to put it up for sale and hand the money over to a good cause.
"It has seen lots of adventures, not to mention a fair few mishaps.
I`ll be very sad to see it go," Smith said.
The proceeds will benefit the Starlight Children`s Foundation, an organisation that grants wishes for seriously ill children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Love is a magical addiction: Ranbir Kapoor
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Bollywood celebrities add weight to skin colour debate
- Leonardo DiCaprio planning 'secret wedding' with Nina Agdal
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Navratri 2016 calendar: Worship goddess Durga and her nine avatars on each day