Meet the female swimmer who’s become `real-life mermaid`
London: Swimmer Linden Wolbert has become a fulltime professional mermaid after shelling out 10,000 pounds to make a functional 6ft tail.
The Los Angeles model, who was already a keen free diver- able to descend to 115ft, has claimed that things have become smooth since donning the tail.
Wolbert’s silicone tail weighs 35lbs and took seven months to create.
The 32-year-old model told the Sun that she loved the feeling of freedom and weightlessness.
“The power of the tail is amazing. I can go very fast,” she said.
Wolbert said that her dreams of becoming half fish were sparked by watching films such as ‘The Little Mermaid’ and ‘Splash’.
Wolbert, whose parents were both swimming aces, also tours the world championing ocean conservation.
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Alba have already hired her to perform at pool parties where she holds her breath for up to five minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala