Meet the female swimmer who’s become `real-life mermaid`
London: Swimmer Linden Wolbert has become a fulltime professional mermaid after shelling out 10,000 pounds to make a functional 6ft tail.
The Los Angeles model, who was already a keen free diver- able to descend to 115ft, has claimed that things have become smooth since donning the tail.
Wolbert’s silicone tail weighs 35lbs and took seven months to create.
The 32-year-old model told the Sun that she loved the feeling of freedom and weightlessness.
“The power of the tail is amazing. I can go very fast,” she said.
Wolbert said that her dreams of becoming half fish were sparked by watching films such as ‘The Little Mermaid’ and ‘Splash’.
Wolbert, whose parents were both swimming aces, also tours the world championing ocean conservation.
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Alba have already hired her to perform at pool parties where she holds her breath for up to five minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- Singer Ed Sheeran and his ''lazy eye'' immortalized in wax
- Indian artist showcases paintings in Egypt
- Biennale foundation to chose curator for 2016 edition
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination