Meet woman who inspired Oprah Winfrey`s Indian-style tea
New Delhi: Oprah Winfrey`s Indian-style tea was reportedly inspired from Parvati Hedge, who served Winfrey her first spiced Indian tea during her visit to India in 2012.
According to the DotWorld blog, Hedge lives in a slum in Southern Mumbai, where she, her husband, and three daughters live in near squalor and has a small electric cooktop, and the barren floor doubles as a living space.
The talk show host was literally sitting at the home of some people who had some really nice tea and they said that was masala chai, so that`s when she became a pursuant of good, strong tea.
The 60-year-old`s promotional video shows Parvati serving tea to Winfrey and that`s when she got inspired to come up with her own brand of Indian style tea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: J&K government may provide security to ‘Dangal’ star
- Hrithik Roshan's latest 'Kaabil' dialogue promo has megastar Amitabh Bachchan's connect!
- Amitabh Bachchan is the greatest actor that we have in the country: Rishi Kapoor
- Totally Clooed! Karan Johar meets George Clooney; poses for a click!
- CONFIRMED! Aditi Rao Hydari to play 'Bhoomi' in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film