Mel C struggles with single motherhood
London: Singer Melanie Chisholm has revealed that she finds it difficult to balance her work and single parenting her four-year-old daughter Scarlet Starr.
The 39-year-old singer has been raising Scarlett post-split from father Thomas Starr last year and she is concerned about the effects of a demanding work schedule on her role as a parent, reported Contactmusic.
"I find [motherhood] difficult. I don`t think you ever get right and it`s just like a work in progress - especially because of the way my work is.
"I just took Scarlet to Australia for the Jesus Christ Superstar tour because I didn`t want to be without her. But the tour and juggling it all with Scarlet really took it out of me and I`ve been feeling run down," she said.
Mel C is starring in the stage version of rock musical `Jesus Christ Superstar` and said juggling her dedication to her lead role of Mary Magdalene with Scalet`s needs takes a toll on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Don't think my potential will ever be tapped: Soha Ali Khan
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Here's how to make your studio apartment look bigger