Mel C struggles with single motherhood
London: Singer Melanie Chisholm has revealed that she finds it difficult to balance her work and single parenting her four-year-old daughter Scarlet Starr.
The 39-year-old singer has been raising Scarlett post-split from father Thomas Starr last year and she is concerned about the effects of a demanding work schedule on her role as a parent, reported Contactmusic.
"I find [motherhood] difficult. I don`t think you ever get right and it`s just like a work in progress - especially because of the way my work is.
"I just took Scarlet to Australia for the Jesus Christ Superstar tour because I didn`t want to be without her. But the tour and juggling it all with Scarlet really took it out of me and I`ve been feeling run down," she said.
Mel C is starring in the stage version of rock musical `Jesus Christ Superstar` and said juggling her dedication to her lead role of Mary Magdalene with Scalet`s needs takes a toll on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- This magazine cover featuring Ranveer Singh will make women drool over him – See pic
- Clash with Salman Khan's 'Sultan' averted; check out the release date of Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy