Mel C struggles with single motherhood
London: Singer Melanie Chisholm has revealed that she finds it difficult to balance her work and single parenting her four-year-old daughter Scarlet Starr.
The 39-year-old singer has been raising Scarlett post-split from father Thomas Starr last year and she is concerned about the effects of a demanding work schedule on her role as a parent, reported Contactmusic.
"I find [motherhood] difficult. I don`t think you ever get right and it`s just like a work in progress - especially because of the way my work is.
"I just took Scarlet to Australia for the Jesus Christ Superstar tour because I didn`t want to be without her. But the tour and juggling it all with Scarlet really took it out of me and I`ve been feeling run down," she said.
Mel C is starring in the stage version of rock musical `Jesus Christ Superstar` and said juggling her dedication to her lead role of Mary Magdalene with Scalet`s needs takes a toll on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud